Supplemental Security Income (SSI): An Overview of Benefits & Work Incentives for those with Disabilities
Lunch and Learn Webinar Series – Part 2 of 2
WHEN: Tuesday, June 13, 2023
TIME: 12:00 PM EST
WHERE: Zoom Webinar
Guest Presenter: Richard Gaudiosi, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration
The Social Security Administration’s (SSA) disability programs are the largest of several Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities. This webinar will take a deeper dive into the Supplemental Security Income (SSI) program, which provides monthly payments to older adults (65+) and adults & children with disabilities or blindness, based on financial need.
This webinar will cover:
- How Social Security defines disability
- How SSDI disability & eligibility determinations are made
- The application & appeal processes
- Qualifying benefits, health insurance, and resources
- Considerations for those under & over age 18
- Work Incentives & available employment supports
*Registration is required!
Questions? Contact Kodi Berry at email@example.com.
The Arc of Lehigh and Northampton Counties champions a life of inclusion, opportunity, and equity for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) through advocacy, education, and supports.