Student Discipline & IEPs: What You Need to Know
WHEN: Tuesday, May 2, 2023
TIME: 6:30 PM EST
WHERE: Zoom Webinar
Guest Presenter: Jennifer Grobe, Esq. with McAndrews, Mehalick, Connolly, Hulse, and Ryan, P.C.
Have you been getting weekly, or even daily, calls to come pick up your child from school due to your child’s behavior? These “informal removals” can cause mayhem in a student’s educational programming, inclusion, and social acceptance and understanding…not to mention the stress on a parent/guardian’s schedule. JOIN US on Tuesday, May 2nd with attorney Jennifer Grobe, J.D. to discuss this topic in depth.
This webinar will cover:
- What are “informal removals”?
- How to address being called daily to pick up your child from school.
- How to address behavioral needs in the IEP.
- Updated 2022 Federal Guidance on Student Discipline.
- Understanding the Manifestation Determination process
*Registration is required!
Questions? Contact Kodi Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arc of Lehigh and Northampton Counties champions a life of inclusion, opportunity, and equity for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) through advocacy, education, and supports.