Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI): An Overview of Benefits & Work Incentives
Lunch and Learn Webinar Series – Part 1 of 2
WHEN: Wednesday, June 7, 2023
TIME: 12:00 PM EST
WHERE: Zoom Webinar
Guest Presenter: Richard Gaudiosi, Public Affairs Specialist, Social Security Administration
The Social Security Administration’s (SSA) disability programs are the largest of several Federal programs that provide assistance to people with disabilities. This webinar will take a deeper dive into the Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) program, which supports individuals with disabilities who have a qualifying work history, either through their own employment or a family member (spouse/parent).
This webinar will cover:
- How Social Security defines disability
- How SSDI disability & eligibility determinations are made
- The application & appeal processes
- Qualifying benefits, health insurance, and resources
- Considerations for those under & over age 18
- Work Incentives & available employment supports
*Registration is required!
Questions? Contact Kodi Berry at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Arc of Lehigh and Northampton Counties champions a life of inclusion, opportunity, and equity for people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD) through advocacy, education, and supports.