COVID-19 Resources & Updates
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and with guidance from The Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) and Governor Tom Wolf, our agency building is temporarily closed. During this time, our Administration will continue to monitor all calls and emails and provide program specific updates via this page, our Facebook, and WFMZ as appropriate.
Arc PROGRAM SPECIFIC UPDATES:
- Thursday Evening Recreation is currently suspended until further notice.
- SPARC began delivering remote services using ZOOM to all interested and eligible participants. We are actively developing a re-opening plan for both facility and community-based services. Individualized team meetings are being scheduled to discuss each individual’s unique needs with regard to resuming services.
- Advocacy will continue to operate remotely, with the following guidelines:
SCHOOL DISTRICT UPDATES:
- Please visit your district’s website for specific information on their response to COVID-19.
On June 3, 2020 the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) released preliminary guidance for the re-opening of schools in the 2020-2021 school year. This guidance outlined that each school entity must create a Health & Safety Plan to serve as the local guidelines for all school reopening activities. PDE also released a complementary research report on June 24th to assist in decision making of these activities. Per this guidance, all school Health & Safety Plans must be approved by the school entity’s governing body (such as their Board of Directors).
School districts have a variety of ways in which they may choose to reach out to the community to obtain information critical in developing their Health & Safety Plans. The Arc encourages all individuals and families to visit their school district’s website to learn more information about their outreach efforts and view their school board meeting agendas & schedule. Contacting your district, participating in their outreach efforts, and/or joining a public School Board of Directors meeting will aide in ensuring that the needs of students with disabilities and their families will be heard and incorporated during each entity’s Health & Safety Plan creation process.
More information on PDE’s preliminary guidance can be found here.
PA DEPARTMENT OF EDUCATION (PDE) UPDATES:
- 2019-20 School Guidance & FAQ
- Guidance for School Communities
- PDE Guidance on Evaluations and Virtual Assessments
- Guidance on COVID-19 Compensatory Services (CCS)
- Guidance on Universal Face Coverings
- Public Health Guidance for the Re-Opening of Schools
- COVID-19 Instructional Days/Hours for 2020-21 School Year
IMPORTANT PA LEGISLATION:
EDUCATIONAL COVID-19 RESOURCES:
EDUCATIONAL COVID-19 RESOURCES:
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES:
- PA Department of Health - Travel Restrictions & Notices
- 211 Help: Food, Child Care, Housing, Mental Health & more!
- How Recovery Resources Work for SSI/SSDI Recipients (en Espanol)
- Protecting Yourself from COVID-19 Scams & Fraud
- COVID-19 Rights & Resources
- FAQ: Unemployment Insurance for People with Disabilities
We understand this a challenging time for families and individuals of our community, and that information on COVID-19 is rapidly changing. Our Arc Chapter is dedicated to providing accurate information that best serves individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
The Arc of Lehigh and Northampton Counties is a non-profit organization as defined by IRS regulations. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.