COVID-19 Resources & Updates
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and with guidance from The Pennsylvania Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) and Governor Tom Wolf, our agency building is temporarily closed. During this time, our Administration will continue to monitor all calls and emails and provide program specific updates via this page, our Facebook, and WFMZ as appropriate.
PROGRAM SPECIFIC UPDATES:
- SPARC and Thursday Evening Recreation programs are currently suspended until further notice
- Advocacy will continue to operate remotely, with the following guidelines:
- If you need to contact your Advocate, please email them directly.
- If you are in need of Advocacy-related resources or other information, please submit an inquiry via our Online Intake Form or call 610-849-8076 ext. 321.
SCHOOL DISTRICT UPDATES:
- Please visit your district’s website for specific information on their response to COVID-19.
- Education Law Center: 5 Things to Know
- Understood.org Legal FAQs about IEPs
- PDE Guidance on Evaluations and Virtual Assessments
- Office of Dispute Resolution’s COVID-19 Joint Statement on Due Process Hearings
DISTANCE LEARNING RESOURCES:
- Pennsylvania SB751, Act 13 (Signed 3/27/2020), describing the written notice & a good faith effort to offer educational continuity requirements (pg. 30)
We understand this a challenging time for families and individuals of our community, and that information on COVID-19 is rapidly changing. Our Arc Chapter is dedicated to providing accurate information that best serves individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities and their families.
The Arc of Lehigh and Northampton Counties is a non-profit organization as defined by IRS regulations. A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Pennsylvania Department of State by calling toll-free, within Pennsylvania, 1-800-732-0999. Registration does not imply endorsement.